Posting Employment Opportunities with OHPELRA
OHPELRA members in good standing may post employment opportunities on the OHPELRA website. To submit an employment opportunity to be posted on the OHPELRA website, please use your Member username and password to access the Employment Opportunity Posting Order Form in the Quick Links section on the Members Only page and follow the directions provided.
Municipal Training Coordinator, Miami Valley Communications Council, Closes October 20, 2019
Regular Part-time position working 30 - 32 hours per week
The Miami Valley Communications Council “MVCC” is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Municipal Training Coordinator. The person in this position plans, directs and coordinates training programs of interest to local government employees via the Municipal Training Academy. MVCC is a council of governments providing public access television channels, facilitating intergovernmental projects and cooperative programs designed to strengthen member cities’ capacity to deliver services to their communities more effectively and efficiently. MVCC is comprised of the eight member cities listed above along with 20+ affiliate member communities throughout the Greater Dayton area.
MVCC’s Municipal Training Academy is a leading provider of professional, management, safety, compliance, and technology training to member and affiliate cities. MVCC’s Municipal Training Coordinator also works closely in creating and coordinating public sector training with other local organizations including the Miami Valley Risk Management Association (MVRMA) and the Center for Local Government (CLG).
The primary responsibilities of the Municipal Training Coordinator include:
- Consult with city officials and representatives on best practices for on- the- job coaching and training.
- Interface with the human resources professionals and other city leaders to determine training needs and priorities.
- Plan and deliver quality training and developmental programs in a cost-effective manner across multiple disciplines specifically tailored to the workforces of the member cities and affiliates.
- Source and schedule training providers, methods and/or technologies to meet training priorities and budgetary requirements.
- Manage all training delivery logistics, schedules, databases, attendance records, and compliance documentation and reporting.
Work Experience & Education
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in municipal government and experience as a trainer or coordinator of employee training or development with a bachelor’s degree in public administration, human resources, organizational management or communication, or the equivalent of experience and training which provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. Master’s degree a plus.
- Public servant orientation and strong customer service focus.
- Effective relationship builder; able to work with diverse groups of people, skill levels and positions.
- Proven leadership and organizational abilities.
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, verbal and written skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Effective multi-tasking skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License.
The current pay for this position ranges from $27.86 to $37.97/hour. Entry rate contingent upon candidate’s related expertise, skills, education, knowledge and abilities.
MVCC provides a complete fringe benefit package including paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, health, dental, vision, and life insurance and membership in the Ohio Public Employees Retirement Systems (OPERS).
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, three professional references, and salary history to Jay Weiskircher, Executive Director, Miami Valley Communications Council at email@example.com by October 20, 2019.
Equal Opportunity Employer