Upcoming EventsView All Events
Navigating 2020: HR Lessons Learned & Law Enforcement Bargaining Tactics
Session I, 10:00 AM - Noon: HR lessons learned during a year of pandemic and social unrest
Presenter: Brad Bennett, Bricker & Eckler LLP
Looking back at 2020, HR has had to navigate many “new” things such as:
- New Laws—Can we say Families First Coronavirus Response Act?
- New Terms—Zoom is a four-letter word now
- New Workplace “norms” and processes—Social Distancing and Remote Learning are now part of our vocabulary
In this session, we will review and discuss top employment and HR topics from 2020 including:
- Managing remote workers and cyber/remote harassment and bullying
- Navigating the ADA’s reasonable accommodation process for employees who do not want to wear masks or who are “high risk” of serious illness from COVID-19
- The impact of the US Supreme Court’s LGBTQ ruling and social protests, refocusing HR’s efforts on diversity and inclusion
- “Cancel Culture” and public employees’ rights under the First Amendment
Session II, 2:00 - 4:00 PM Session: Law Enforcement Bargaining Tactics
Presenters: Jenni Edwards & Alexa Cellier, BakerHostetler
During these ever changing times and calls for law enforcement reform, it is important to plan properly and engage the union responsible. The presenters will discuss strategies for working with unions to incorporate ideas of law enforcement reform into the collective bargaining processes and how to best negotiate changes.